Team architect in Waypoint
To secure our architecture capabilities, all development teams in Waypoint will have their own Team architect. In our Policy Motor team, we currently are looking for a senior developer that can take on the new role. As a Team architect you work both within your own team, as well as with other architects inside and outside Waypoint.
You will be:
- Technical lead within the team
- Responsible for application architecture and component design
- Ensuring that implementation follows architectural principles, guidelines, and standards
- Responsible for code quality, including code review process.
- Ensuring that applications satisfy cross-WP operational and non-functional requirements.
- Preventing new technical debt and ensuring that maintenance needs and technical debt are visible and prioritized
- An important part of a Waypoint engineering body whose role is to promote best practice and common tools and ways of working.
We also see you as an architecture ambassador within team that understand and ensure adoption of platform capabilities. You also dare to raise perceived gaps with Architecture rather than creating local solutions, as well as engages and works closely with Cluster Architect on all design work (incl business process & technical design).
The Policy Motor team works within the distributed enterprise system with hundreds of integrations, maintaining and delivering API’s, front-end, infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline and other components. This includes integrations as well with some legacy systems. Our knowledgeable team members strive for a good code quality, solid design principles and other best patterns and practices. Thinking proactively and working in an agile mode is our way of reaching the goal. Our Azure cloud initiative is getting more and more attention these days as we want to move to the cloud as much as possible. We are aiming to be an example of a dream team within the If organization.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced C# developer with at least 10 years’ experience within IT systems development.
- You have spent a few years working as an Architect or Team Lead Engineer who was responsible for software design, team collaboration and coaching team members.
- You have spent a few years in a complex enterprise system working with multiple teams within distributed development environment.
- You clearly set the expectations for the engineering practices in the team by providing the team with POCs for some solutions, sharing the knowledge by presenting and demonstrations, giving the feedback and helping team members when needed.
- You are a collaborative team player with an agile mindset, balancing short-term needs with long-term sustainability.
- You are self-driven, open minded and structured.
You also have:
- Higher level education within IT.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Good communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills
Work location: Stockholm, Sweden
Travelling: Expect some travelling in the Nordics
Start: As soon as possible/by agreement.